Thursday 23 January 2014

What's on my nails #4


After giving my nails a bit of a rest (hence no post last week) I'm back with one of my favourite shades from Ciaté's Mini Mani Month advent calendar - Pillow Fight with a little touch of Confetti as a simple accent. This is actually the first Ciaté polish I've ever tried but with more than a dozen others to sample it won't be the last to feature on this little blog!

Pillow Fight is a gorgeous and rather elegant grey lilac which sort of seems appropriate given the greyness of the weather, although this is much prettier than a rain cloud! It goes on quite sheer so three coats would be optimum (I have two coats in the picture and it's not quite opaque around the edges) but it lasts well and is completely shimmer free so gives a gel like shine with a good topcoat. As always I used a generous helping of  Seche Vite.

Confetti is a mix of very small silver and holographic glitter particles in a clear base. It's not too festive so it's perfectly wearable outside of December. Coverage is quite good but as with most glitters it's worth swirling it around a bit on the nail to ensure it's evenly spread.

I'm looking for inspiration - what's your favourite Ciaté mani?

No comments:

Post a Comment